M1 RPO picture request - An Accolade for Mr. Cochran !

Tue Dec 6 10:47:48 EST 2022

Had agro-entrepreneur Abram offered beets, someone might take Jim up on his
suggestion.

More seriously, thank you for the pictures that were provided. Bill King,
Jim Brewer, and Ken Miller. They were exactly what I needed.  One picture
in particular shows that even though the N&W drawing appears to have a
vertical riveted seam at the upper center of the car, it does not appear in
the photo, so I will need to remove that. Here is the car in it's final
form last night as I went to bed.  I'll need to remove this upper seam
later today. There is clearly nothing there.
[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

I have already bought $63 worth of drawings from the archives for this
project. I need to get set up on a bulk subscription plan.  I can't tell
you how much I have spent on plans for the steel water tank and concrete
coaling station at Auville. On the plus side, you guys can have a nice
steel water tank like was found at Crew, Clare, Roanoke, of course Auville,
Glade Springs, Circleville, possibly within the year. While I can model the
stuff, I am not quite familiar with resin printing yet. There are
post-print shrink rates to account for. There are different resins to use,
some are stronger, some don't shrink, some print finer details, etc..  I am
not a pro at this, and don't intend to be, I will figure out how to
distribute this stuff, but I don't want to eventually see someone selling
the file... otherwise, I would just post the files for others to print.  I
will definitely post the M1 car side, as it is not perfect, and is more of
a compromise to fit on the PRR B60B baggage car.

Here's progress on the water tank.  Ken Miller has been helping me quite a
bit with the top and interior. I still have a lot of work to do to complete
the top/interior as we have determined it was open, apparently with some
sort of cover. There are some compromises to be made, in order to print at
1/87 scale.  The railing "lattices" are not as fine as I would like, but I
am attempting to refine them to print as small as possible and not be too
fragile.
[image: image.png]
[image: 308395696_862688465116608_1306613515908373665_n.png]
here's the fineness of the detail that the top image doesn't convey:
[image: dddd.png]
[image: tower update.jpg]

Mike Rector