Artcles

Sun Jan 8 20:58:13 EST 2023

Hi all, Just to add my two cents, I'm mainly an B&O guy. I joined in hopes of finding out some information which I did years ago about the jobs and area where my wife's Grandfather worked. He lived in Wheelersberg Ohio and worked as yard conductor and yard master at Portsmouth.  I'm proud to say I have learned alot from this group and the B&O group. I have learn from both the mailing group and the Facebook group.  I agree that both groups need to continue till no one is interested any longer. Regards and thanks for sharing the information. John Musgrove Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 1/8/23  7:40 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Subject: Re: Artcles Hold up, folks! Nobody is moving this mailing list anywhere. I, myself, and every officer and director (If I may be so bold to speak for them) are well aware that many, many long-standing members still enjoy this list. That part is not up for debate.Since I stirred this pot, I'll try to throw some ice on the top by saying this facebook vs. mailing list idea is not an "either/or" opportunity. Rather, it's a "both." Personally, I favor adding a facebook component because I see the future being in that direction. But I'm still an old 300-baud modem guy who grew up with mailing lists from the time I first logged onto the internet. The way I see it, this mailing list will be around until the last person in here turns out the lights. Stephen WarrenRoanokeOn Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 5:49 PM NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote:I agree. Please do not move this group to Facebook. Tom LewisOn Jan 8, 2023, at 1:00 PM, NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote:As someone that does not use Facebook, I can not support moving these mailing lists to that platform.I am a member of the list on the Groups.Io platform and it is not active, this was a transfer from the old Yahoo Groups.I think this list and the modeling list work just fine here.On Jan 8, 2023, at 10:00, NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> wrote: I agree this list has become out dated and needs to move to a Facebook platform . But needs to be under N&WHS umbrella .  not converted from something else . Close this list down and move the  files , Just think of the advantages in file sharing and in real time response .  Larry Evans
James WallRural Hall, NC