Virginia & Tennessee RR - 1874 Map

Mon Feb 20 15:17:46 EST 2023

Thanks for the reply Charlie. Do we know which road owned/constructed
the west end bridge (i.e. where exactly did the two properties meet)?

Also, seems like I remember that both roads operated into Lynchburg for
some time without an actual connection (i.e. bridge) between the two
roads.

I find the history of the James River waterfront in Lynchburg
fascinating. The amount of travel and commerce that has occurred within
such a confined area is amazing. Hard to believe it all happened as you
stand there today.

John Garner

John,
The SS RR connected to the V&T at/on the west end bridge over the James
coming from Percival's Island. Fred Reburn gave an awesome tour of the
Island as part of the N&WHS 2oo2 Convention here.
Charlie Long
Lynchburg (Lynchburgh in the 1880s)
Lynchburg

Does anyone know the exact point where the Southside RR ended and the
V&T RR began?

John Garner
Newport, VA