Old (1884) Station Names on the Bristol Line, Abingdon to Bristol

Thu Aug 17 20:27:40 EDT 2023

The N&W Railroad's 1884 Annual Report (p. 39-40) tabulates for each station the number of passengers to and from, and the tons of freight to and from.

Between Abingdon and Bristol, the ONLY points listed are:

Abingdon
Montgomery's
Farris'
Wallace's
Hendrick's
Bristol.

Can anyone identify the location of Montgomery's, Farris' and Hendrick's... or must we recall Capt. Gary Price out of retirement to give us the answers ?

     -- abram burnett

"I invented the Turnip." - Albert A. Gore, Jr.