Problems with the K-3 Mountains ?

Wed Nov 29 13:31:54 EST 2023

What is so amazing is, after reading American Steam Locomotive (and others)
is just how much physics was unknown to the engineering world back then. Or
if known, not practical to use.

Many things like dynamics and thermodynamics were just not understood.  I
mean even today some of this stuff is understood but we can only do the
math because of powerful computers that can solve problems analytically
(e.g trial and error).

After reading some on the topic and talking with you all in this list, I
have lots of respect for the people who designed/used this stuff.

David Baker