1950s Pokey Farm Coal Supply

Mon Dec 4 10:51:53 EST 2023

Abram,

Company coal loads were delivered by the Tug River Local, both out of
Williamson, shoved up the wharf track, then dropped back past the hoist
house for unloading. The wharf capacity was 250 tons and at least twice
that on the wharf track, so the number of loads was a ready indication
of when to reorder, although I understand average demand was steady
enough that a certain number of loads was routinely sent out on the
M/W/F local.

Grant Carpenter