Ebay Supposed N&W China Item

Sun Jan 21 19:23:23 EST 2024

Larry

The answer is basically yes. But N&W customized it with initially what I refer to as “wide-band”, a wide tuscan band that wrapped over the edge of the plates. That was in the 1946-1951 orders. Then they changed to what I refer to as “narrow-band” which is a band roughly about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch wide.

There was no evidence that anything with a tuscan pin stripe was ever ordered or used on the N&W.

You will also see some folks trying to sell the yellow bird china with a blue pin stripe at N&W. But N&W last ordered the yellow bird china in 1961, 5 years before the blue, and again, no pinstripes.

The yellow bird was a stock restaurant pattern for Syracuse China, but N&W customized it for their use.

I just hate seeing anyone buy something like this believing it to be N&W when its not. Do I have any pieces like this? Yes, as examples, but all were purchased at cheap prices, and I knew what I was buying!

Best
Ken Miller