Y4a to Y5 and subsequent retrofit for Y3's

Fri Feb 16 13:02:00 EST 2024

Ed, thank you for your response to my question. For some reason, I did not
get the email through the mailing list, and only received it when Matt
Goodman mentioned it and then forwarded it.

There is a question I have remaining after your response.  You indirectly
addressed it and sort of touched on the crux of the questions with your
answer. I thought that the Y5's came in 2 batches.  You mention there were
20 exhaust bridges swapped to Y3's but that doesn't explain why only the
first group was rebuilt and renumbered.

2090-2099 - 1st group delivered  as Y4a with assembled frames
2100-2109 - 2nd group *was built with the cast frames and delivered as Y5
(am I incorrect here?)*
**2090-2099 were rebuilt as 2110-2119 and re-classed as Y5, minus 2092
wrecked*

Mike Rector