N&W Business Car 300 "Roanoke" Restored

Thu May 16 12:41:39 EDT 2024

For those who are interested in a brass model of this car, North Bank Line is offering it. And deposits are due by June 1st.
Stephen Rineair

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2024 12:00 PM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: Re: N&W Business Car 300 "Roanoke" Restored

That's so neat.  But, if memory serves, our Society helped with some drawings and such; did we get a mention on Facebook (I'm not on it)? Or something?  I don't recall if we charged for anything, but.....

Frank

According to my notes, this car was built in June 1917 and was originally USRA #51; in March 1920 is became N&W 300; it was rebuilt and streamlined in September 1955; it received new paint and named Roanoke in October 1977 and was renumbered NS 5 by December 1985.  I have no information about the car after that date.

Jim Brewer

Hey everyone!
Here’s a neat article about the former NW 300 Roanoke restoration nearly complete. They’re supposed to letter and stripe it today, with an open house this weekend, in East Chicago, Indiana.
Restored N&W Business Car to Make Debut This Weekend - Railfan & Railroad Magazine

Phil Miller