Repair/repaint caboose advice

Wed May 22 19:13:18 EDT 2024

Hi, Tim – Sounds like you have a good start on a book of pictures of N&W stations/depots!! Lots of other rr societies have done that.

Where 'bouts do you live?

Be well -

Carl Barna
Emmaus, PA
________________________________
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2024 4:04 PM
To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: Re: Repair/repaint caboose advice

All,

Good choice or not, white was what it was.  The green in the Rural Retreat picture is not quite dark enough.

As for the earlier creme and brown colors, the dark brown took on a slightly reddish tint with age.

This is not to be confused with what the railroaders called "turd-muddly brown", which had limited use and took on a life of it's own.

Carl, I have hundreds and hundreds of N&W depot pictures.  You are welcome to come here, but I don't have time to dig through them unless you visit.

Tim Hensley

Hi, Jim – It would seem that white would be poor color choice for a steam railroad? Don't think cream and white would be a good choice either.

Does anyone have pics of these earlier paint schemes? Was the brown a dark or light brown?

Be well -

Carl Barna