Huckleberry Youtube video

Mon May 27 13:11:00 EDT 2024

 From my days in the call office as I recall the first out cab on the
sheet was called for the run.  The next out cab was called to deadhead.
   The deadhead cab would have been ahead of the working cab that would
have been on the rear of the train.  The deadhead crew got paid but
would not necessarily had to have 8 hours rest as the deadhead time
could be considered part of their rest time. Since their rest time most
likely was met by the time their cab reached destination that could be
immediately called upon reaching destination.

Actually both answers are correct and both are wrong.

Jim Blackstock