location

Sun Jun 9 15:51:12 EDT 2024

I would have bet $1,000 it is Auville based on that picture alone, but I
wanted to find some corroboration.  Took me a while to find any images with
that particular signal mast.  Unfortunately, I don't know where this image
came from, not the author. Probably Pinterest.
[image: d70b84fd-d870-47b8-952b-2bee6ecb8736.png]
Ken/Tim, the story inset in Three times a Lady about that last 611
excursion would make a great nwhs site online or Arrow article.

Jim called it an "unusual water tank". I have been surprised to find quite
a few locations with this tank style, either a short one like here at
Auville and at Disputanta, or tall like all the others. Some sites like
Dorney and Prichard had 2 tanks. I started modeling it and then kept seeing
it in the background/skyline of (primarily) yard pictures. I plan to finish
3D modeling & printing this tank by the end of this year. I'll likely make
both the tall and low version available if anyone is interested once it is
completed. Below is my pictorial list of other locations with similar tanks
(it seems I have Clare and possibly Bonsack in there incorrectly - they had
a similar shaped steel tank, but slightly fatter and shorter, and with 6
legs instead of 4)
[image: image.png]
Mike Rector