H-6, H-8 and R4-RL Brake Valves on Engines

Thu Aug 1 19:36:21 EDT 2024

Thanks for straightening me ot, Bill.
As a sidelight, one of the Wabash air gurus pt a pressure maintaining
device on a 6BL brake but evidently not successful to warrant roster-wide
application.l
Having no hostlers to straighten ou consists, you wound up with some
unhappy situations.  I came out of Moberly one bitter cold evening with a
big train and a four unit consist of two of two ov the EMD SD40
demonstrators, a U25b and an ex NKP GP7 with a #6 brake/  I'll let you
guess which one was in the lead.
 - Ed King