Picture: top of passenger equipment & ends

Mon Aug 19 09:56:15 EDT 2024

The N&W passenger “Redbirds” were regularly used for switching and load deliveries to customers between passenger-schedule assignments. Also, I do recall seeing them on freight trains traveling to Norfolk as the third or fourth unit where they may have been a stand-in for an unavailable freight locomotive as well as a transferring the unit to Lamberts Point for its next passenger assignment.