Class CF cabin interior pics wanted

Mon Sep 2 15:01:14 EDT 2024

Thank you all for the photos. These are very helpful to show the caboose as it is today.

Our small museum (Rappahannock Railway Museum) has former NW caboose 518620, and inside is a live steamer scale CF caboose model built by some late past members. They were preparing to stencil it long ago when their health failed. With my interest in N&W, I was asked to stencil the markings on it. I haven’t done this type of work before, but I think I’m up to it.

I think I’ll use this car’s number on the display model I’ve been asked to stencil, in the original paint scheme the first 350(?) of these had, with their shortened number. The fact that this appears to be the 22nd of these built in the Roanoke Shops makes it more appealing.

Thank you again. I’ll share photos of this after I finish it. Rappahannock Railroad Museum - Home (rrmuseum.org) <https://rrmuseum.org/>

Phil Miller