Vestibules on passenger cars

Tue Sep 3 16:01:15 EDT 2024

Walter

The diner orientation, at least on the D1 depended on the time frame. Apparently, running kitchen end first initially brought cinders in through the kitchen exhaust smoke jacks, and they then switched the orientation to kitchen trailing, which seemed to help the cinder issue, then later they did some modification to the damper in the smoke jack.

Of course, once it was diesel powered, it did not really matter.

Best
Ken Miller