groups

Fri Sep 6 11:03:38 EDT 2024

I have to admit, I'm way too eclectic. The projects that interest me are
all over the place.

I have 500+ old hoppers from the 90's. I always intended to buy a house our
build an outbuilding and have a huge railroad that spanned Bluefield to
Williamson.  Now that I am older and can afford that, I don't want to spend
all that time building a huge layout. 😞 That said, I bought a bunch of BLI
hoppers because they were new models, and they are accurate to N&W. I also
bought a couple of the PRR-leased H2a's, because they say N&W on them.

I really like building unique parts of the N&W. coaling station, water
tower, line poles (pole lines? I'm not exactly sure which is correct),
rolling stock that no other railroads had. And I will spend hundreds of
hours acquiring pictures, planning, 3d modeling, etc... and will spend
thousands on brass, if it catches my eye.

Cabooses really interest me. I think these are a mixed bag, as the
Balboa.Westside Model cars can be had for $100-150, so there isn't a
pressing need for a $75 plastic or 3d model.

All that said, what matters to me more than anything else is era... '57-60.

Mike Rector