Fwd: B&LE H-Class Texan Tenders sold to the N&W for conversion

Mon Oct 7 11:07:50 EDT 2024

Hi everyone.

This weekend, I attended a talk in Meadville, PA, this weekend covering a heavy mountain railroading section of (of all things) the LS&MS railroad. The presenter, Vince Skibo, also had a few slides at the end of his presentation requesting information for upcoming research projects, one being the B&LE tenders that were sold to the N&W. He also asked if anyone was a member of the N&WHS. As I was the sole hand-raiser, he asked if I would be willing to stir this particular pot for him.

His question is below.  If anyone can provide additional facts, historical context, or pointers to past discussion, I’ll pass it along to Vince.

Matt Goodman