N&W FD class flats

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Dec 27 19:57:04 EST 2005

I tried building one of these a couple of years ago, using Micro
Engineering code 55 rail for the bulkheads. The rail REALLY does not
want to be bent in that direction. Using a jig, I was able to bend
the required L-shapes (you need 4), but I just couldn't obtain 4
uniformly curved pieces. They have to be about perfect before you can
assemble the ends.

I'd love to hear about a success story, or an alternate approach.

Jim Laney
Seattle, WA