YARD LAYOUT

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Sep 24 14:21:29 EDT 2009

Thanks Gentlemen

I worked particularly hard on that map and chapter, spending an
inordinate amount of time cleaning up that drawing. It is nice to
know someone appreciates it. I also specifically laid the book out so
that it would not have a portion fall in the gutter so that if
someone wanted to copy and put the pieces together, they would not
lose information as happens so many times.

Shaffers is a huge complex and I'd love to see a model of it.

The drawing in the book actually was part of a larger section,
probably another foot or two on each end. It was part of a
presentation C.E. Pond, GM of Motive Power presented to the
Locomotive Maintenance Officers Association about 1949. There is also
a drawing of Williamson in the paper. I do not recall directly, but I
think there was also a drawing of Winston-Salem, NC as an example of
a smaller locomotive terminal.

Ken Miller