AIR BRUSHES

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Aug 15 12:00:54 EDT 2010

Ed,

I've used a single action external mix Paasche for about 15 years now,
and it has served me well, and never left me feeling the need for
something better. I've had friends who owned various other models,
including a Testor's Aztek (sp?) and a generic Harbor Freight $5 model,
and all have served well enough.

If you're not familiar with the basics of airbrushing, I would suggest
staying away from the ultra cheap or ultra expensive models - the first
will be more difficult to use, and the second will be more difficult to
master.

I would also recommend purchasing extra paint jars. The larger sizes
are really only useful for O scale or larger models, IMHO - I can count
on one hand the number of times I've used mine since I bought them with
the airbrush. Finally, buy a paint strainer - the one I have slips over
the siphon tube and has a fine stainless mesh. The strainer did more
than any other piece to improve my painting experiences.

Kenneth Rickman

Kenneth Rickman - krickman1 at carolina.rr.com
Salisbury, NC