UH-OH

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jan 12 20:05:08 EST 2013

The essence of the matter is that they intend to have the actuator
wire wiggle back and forth, perpendicular to the rails, and preferably
in the center of the throwbar. (Between the rails, not outboard of the
rails.) The beauty of that approach is that it is simple and direct,
and has the fewest parts. I can imagine rigging something up to use
some kind of bellcrank, like we used to do with PFM or similar
bang-bang solenoid-type switch machines.

But let's stop and check some unknowns first. Handlaid switches? Or
commercial switches - what brand? What is your roadbed and subroadbed
constructed of? How thick are each of these?

- Marty Swartz

--
The Best Way To Predict The Future Is To Create It. -Alan Kay