Outdoor Garden HO line in UK

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Sep 30 09:03:29 EDT 2013

Hello all
I am seriously thinking of building a garden HO N&W line in my garden, or yard to most of you! It is about 80ft by 29ft so I think an out and back double track around 2 sides and the rear of the garden gives a decent run. I will fit this in with a live steam SM32 line, but keep the 2 at least 12" apart to stop oil from the one getting onto the other. The climate here is very kind to outdoor railways, and should remain so.
My question is how to get hold of box cars and coal hoppers for the period, 1950 to end of steam, which are not expensive.
Any thoughts and help very much appreciated.
Barry Reeves
ps I have the space and time. My 'J' and Y3 look far to big to go round in circles. I want to give them a good run into the wilderness.