Signals

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Dec 6 14:31:45 EST 2015

The December 2015 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman begins a series of articles regarding understanding railroad signals.  It is authored by Bruce Chubb, a long time modeler with specific interests in operation and signaling as it relates to model railroads.  Chubb also manufactures/produces his own circuitry for signaling a model railroad, C/MRI.  I know nothing about his product.
One of the points he makes is the braking distance required by the prototype and how this factors into its signaling.  I found the article very informative and highly recommend it to anyone considering signaling for their model railroad.  I hope to signal my layout at some point in the future.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD