GP9 Interior Color and Herald Plate

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jun 19 10:05:26 EDT 2017

I believe the first four GP9s delivered, 710-713, had a plate that read GP9
that was placed by the steps on the short hood end; I have been told this
was because EMD did not have hoods for GPs available and placed GP7 hoods
on GP9s to get them delivered; you will see these same type of plates on
other road's early deliveries of GP9 locomotives; anybody heard anything
like this?

Jim Brewer

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 9:59 PM, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org