PA combine question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Apr 18 01:51:57 EDT 2019

Jim --

If you enjoy a bit of modeling fun, check out the 3/98 issue of The Arrow. A credible BPd combine can be kitbashed from the Rivarossi coach.

Bob Chapman

Jim King writes:

I want to model the end of J service hauling the Arrow and have noticed the original 5-car consist has the lead car replaced with combine.  Baggage cars and (I think) an RPO were added later and that’s the consist I want to model.  I have these cars and the 5-car MTH set but the combine is mystery to me.

Attached are 2 pix of the car I’m asking about.  What is it?  Has is been made in HO?  If not, any suggestions as to kitbashing one?