Wig Wags Color

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jul 21 14:20:57 EDT 2020

They (the arms - target, counterweight and arm) were all red - at least in Circleville, Ohio. I can see their movement, flashing and ringing in my minds eye to this day.

The ringing and swinging (and flashing) would start first, followed by the gate beginning it’s descent (if it was gate protected). They rang and swung throughout the train occupying the crossing. When clear, I recall all events happened more or less at the same time; i.e. the ringing and flashing would stop concurrent with the gate starting to lift. The swinging would continue for a short time, due to momentum.

That’s how I remember it anyway.

Matt Goodman
Columbus Ohio US