lines under NW loco numbers

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Aug 20 19:10:36 EDT 2020

They always had non centering couplers. In fact they were the only true N&W locomotives that had  non centering couplers. I guess that N&W never really planned on using them in consists. Although I have seen them being returned from Roanoke, after repairs or inspections, MUed and running loaded in coal drag consists to Norfolk.

 Bob BowersIn a message dated 8/20/2020 6:11:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org writes: OK, so I found pictures of Alco T6 #47.  One has no line and a better paint job and the other has severe lettering damage...and the line.  So time passed between the no line and line... Are we saying that at the end of a loco service life, the centering couplers were removed and non centering couplers are replaced? Just trying to understand. Mike Shockley________________________________________
NW-Modeling-List at nwhs.org
To change your subscription go to
Browse the NW-Modeling-List archives at