Grade crossing signs

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Jun 15 11:54:44 EDT 2021

Preparing to put up a crossbuck sign next to my train building. Want to get the angle right. Drawings in the archives from 1926 and 1954 show a 50 degree angle on the sides, sans serif lettering aligned with sides. Current and recent photos show a 90 degree angle. Since I'm modeling the transition era I'm going with the 50 degree angle. Drawings from 1905 show serif lettering aligned vertically and at a similar angle.
Jeff CorneliusBuilding N&W modelsin Texas