Spring Mills Depot

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jul 15 14:37:04 EDT 2021

A long while back, he said he had changed factories (in China?) as some that everyone had been using retired/closed. He said he was going to produce his DODX tank flatcar first, since it was easiest, then go on to the others. He wanted to see how the new factory he was working with does.

As of late May, the DODX models had been produced and were being painted, according to his website. I’m still waiting for 3 of those, before considering anything else. While I understand he does this as a part time gig, they’ve been promising a lot and slow on delivering. He advertised some new CONEX box models to go with the DODX flats. As nice as they look, I’m reluctant to order any, since it’s been a painfully long wait for the flats, although in fairness, the factory changes and COVID didn’t help his cause. His models do get great reviews, but I guess we’ll have to wait longer.

I was hoping to show a couple of his models at work, to some retired Army co-workers. I fear I or they will all be retired before the models arrive.

Phil Miller