King book

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Jul 5 21:12:16 EDT 2023

Roger and all

The book is taking longer than anticipated for multiple reasons, mainly being that I am one person.

The book as it came to us had one illustration. Ed had not considered illustrations for the book, but in today’s poor book market, you have to have images for it to sell. Yes, I know it is fiction and lots of fiction books sell with no illustrations. But this is not Stephen King or anyone like that. We are counting on the sales to make a little money after it is printed.

Right now, the book is basically a break-even proposition, in the time it took to get enough pre-orders, the cost of paper and printing has risen.

I am working hard to get a proof out to Ed this weekend of about half the book. The first half is the toughest to illustrate as there are simply not as many photos to choose from for the era 1905-1920. The second half should go much quicker, and I am planning on sending to the printer by the end of the month if the creeks don’t rise.

Thanks to Tim Hensley who picked out a bunch of stuff to illustrate with as well.

I think everyone will be pleased with it, and I will send out a last chance notice to order at pre-order price the week it goes to the printer.

Best
Ken Miller