Tuscan paint

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 29 08:51:10 EST 2024

 The actual red paint tends to appear too dark if used on models. It's a factor of lighting and distance. That is why I brighten the old Scalecoat "N&W Red" with some "ATSF Red" (one part ATSF to 2 and 1/2 parts N&W) Everybody who has seen the resulting color says it looks right to them. Years ago I did the same with the actual Dupont paint, but "shelf life" caught up with me before I used it up. Since Scalecoat is no longer available, I don't know what to recommend.
Jim Nichols