ITC GP38-2s relettered to N&W while in green ??

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Mar 10 04:40:05 EDT 2024

Gday all
I have seen a couple of photos on the NWHS site of 4160 and 4161 GP38-2 with the 'Illinois Terminal' on the hood patched out in green, ITC numbers on cab side patched out with a small yellow 'NORFOLK AND WESTERN' under cab window and renumbering in yellow.
Rare photos, to me anyway they did not get photographed as much as the SD39s.
I am wondering were any other painting variations done to these GP38-2s  while in the green.  No 'NW' on the hood etc ?  I've not seen photos of 4162 or 4163 in patched green.
(This is for the brief period before all got repainted in the black & white Claytor N&W scheme with full 'NORFOLK AND WESTERN' on the hood.) So it's N&W era, but only just.

Regards
Ben ScanlonLondon, UK