POLYESTER 86% NYLON 14%

open-reading-group at o-r-g.com open-reading-group at o-r-g.com
Mon Feb 24 22:06:52 EST 2014

please come

*this* Sunday, March 2
3:30pm - 6:00pm
PS1 Dome at MoMA PS1
22-25 Jackson Avenue at 46th Avenue
Long Island City, New York 11101

for

POLYESTER 86% NYLON 14%

presenting a unisex, waterproof, reversible SERVING JACKET by Project No.8
for The Serving Library in *red wine* only (both sides)

with live music by JOSEPHINE FOSTER & FRIENDS (Imago on cello, and Susan
Alcorn on pedal steel)

and hard copies of BULLETINS OF THE SERVING LIBRARY #6 (The Fashion Issue)

all in a hemispherical room spun on its horizontal AXIS

"An axis is a name for a continuum of possibilities between two extreme
positions: so the axis between black and white is a scale of greys. I can
illustrate this idea by applying it to the description of haircuts. Rather
than only being able to say of someone's haircut that it is, for example,
masculine or feminine, we're as likely to want to say that it's quite
masculine, or quite feminine, or unisexual--somewhere in the middle."
(Brian Eno)

*

http://www.projectno8.com
http://www.servinglibrary.org/words.html?id=122968
http://shop.dextersinister.org/index.html?id=283&more=1

*

Chris Evans, Sketch for a serving jacket, 2013, airbrush on paper

*