[412-public-news] Water polo anyone? And Run, Challengers, Run!

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 17:58:24 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Hope your summer is ending in a splash, as ours is. With the help of
Kingsley Center and Wireless Neighborhoods, we are looking for new
water polo players: Boys, girls, men, women. Join us this week:

Monday, August 16, 10 am to noon at Kingsley Association.
Cost $0. http://www.KingsleyAssociation.org, 6435 Frankstown Ave, 15206

Monday, August 16, 5 pm to 7 pm at North Park Swim Pool
Youth Admission, $3: Junior Admission ages 13 - 17 = $4: Adult, $5

Wednesday, August 18, 10 am to noon at Kingsley Association.
Cost $0. www.KingsleyAssociation.org, 6435 Frankstown Ave, 15206

Wednesday, August 18, 5 pm to 7 pm at North Park Swim Pool
Youth Admission 6 - 12, $3: Junior Admission 13 - 17, $4: Adult, $5

Saturday, August 21, 5 pm to 7 pm at North Park Swim Pool
Youth Admission 6 - 12, $3: Junior Admission 13 - 17, $4: Adult, $5

Starting August 23, we hope to have a schedule at Pittsburgh Schenley
/ PPS  Obama at Reizenstein.

Call Coach, Mark at Rauterkus.com, 412 298 3432. Join the Facebook Group:
Pittsburgh Schenley Waterpolo

Next game is early on Saturday, August 28, 2010 at I.U.P. Games for
boys and girls, varsity and junior-varsity.

+ + +

I had a great time teaching swimming and water polo the past 5 weeks
with the Pgh Public Schools Summer Dreamers. Plus, we've been holding
open water polo play at Peabody HS. It has been great to have kids
from Shaler, NA and even a college player from CT join with our city
kids. (photos online). But we do need to recruiting additional players
for next week and beyond.

+ + +

In political news, it is a crying shame that the lawyers from the old
parties are mounting campaigns in the courts to challenge the
challengers and knock them off the ballot. Libertarians, Greens,
Indies and even some Tea Party candidates trying to flex some power
with the people at the ballot box in the General Election come
November in PA. But, those with power don't want voters to have a
choice on election days. Ugh. Ballot access presents one of the
greatest hurdles we face in PA in terms of building a healthy, shared
political life.

+ + +

Safe travels to everyone, everywhere. (Erik is in South Korea one more
week. Catherine and Grant go to Boston this weekend.)

Be safe with the start of the scholastic sports season too!

--
Thanks for listening!

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com
Swimming and Water Polo Coach, Pittsburgh, PA
http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com        http://CLOH.wikia.com
412 298 3432 = cell