[412-public-news] Join us for some water polo in shallow water at 6 pm on Tuesday nights at Hill District's Ammon pool,

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 08:43:26 EDT 2014

Hi Friends,

We are having a great time this summer with "community water polo" held
every Tuesday evening, 6 pm to 7:45, weather permitting at Citiparks Ammon
Rec Center Pool, corner of Bedford Ave and Memory Lane, Hill District.

The big outdoor pool is about 6 blocks up past the former Civic Arena site.

Lifeguards, triathletes, open water swimmers and any type of athlete and
otherwise, is welcome to join in. Fun.

This is a big week for our Swim & Water Polo Camp as part of Pittsburgh
Public Schools' Summer Dreamers. We have expert visitors, track super
stars. Then on Friday evening we have more than 100 competing in the 3rd
Liberty Mile, a 1-mile road race Downtown that finishes on Liberty Ave.

I'd love to have a bit of extra help from friends with cameras to get lots
of images and perhaps a few videos of our efforts that day. I always run
(jog) the race and have never had the capacity to take photos while
watching over the kids and cheering. Are you around Friday from 2 pm as
that's about when we'll be gathering at the North Side's Sue Murray Pool,
across the 9th Stree bridge from CAPA. We'll be at the pool first, then
have a 4 pm pizza party, then gear up and go to the race that has its first
heat (ours) at 7 pm sharp. Professionals zoom past around 8 pm.

London Olympic Silver Medalist, plus our favorites, Jordan Mc and Heather
will be in town and visiting with our campers this week too.

Hope you have a safe and fun summer. Perhaps we can visit at the pool on a
Tuesday evening at 6 pm soon.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim and Water Polo Camp Head Coach
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com
http://FixPA.wikia.com
http://CLOH.wikia.com