[412-public-news] Outreach, especially to younger people about summer jobs

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:24:43 EDT 2015

Hi Friends of Youth:

As of today, the application for the 2015's Earn and Learn Summer Youth
Employment Initiative in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County is posted to the
internet.

http://apps.pittsburghpa.gov/pcsc/Combined_ApplicationWord.pdf

This 6-page PDF, is also sent as an attachment with this email.

Your engagement and assistance is needed to pass out the application far
and wide to those ages 14-21 who are seeking summer employment with the
more robust 2015 Summer Youth Employment Initiative.

Yes, some kids 14-and older are eligible! Other specifics are in the fact
sheet, including family income specifics.

+ +
Mayor Peduto and Allegheny County Chief Executive Fitzgerald are speaking
at a press event at 4 pm on Friday, April 10, 2015, at the East Liberty
Branch of the Carneigie Library of Pgh. Their talk is part of a major job
fair for youth being held from 3 to 6 pm on Friday.

Can you attend?
Can you insure that kids are notified of the event and encouraged and
reminded to attend?
Would you like to share a table at the event so that you can recruit
employees private sector jobs or do you know anyone else who would is
hiring summer workers, especially youth? Tables can be reserved with the
fax back form, or call me and we'll fill one out together on the phone.

More HELP:
If you know anyone with private sector summer jobs for youth that want to
share a table at this Friday's job fair, invite them.

+ +

Finally, I'm hiring kids and adults to assist with our Swim & Water Polo
Camp as part of Pittsburgh Public Schools' Summer Dreamers. To apply for
one of my jobs with our running, swimming, fitness and mindful efforts, go
to:

http://rauterkus.blogspot.com/2015/04/time-to-apply-for-2015-staff-for-our.html

Pay is better with my program and there are no family-income eligibility
hurdles.

+ +
Please forward this email.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark.Rauterkus at gmail.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim and Water Polo Camp Head Coach
Varsity Boys Swim Coach, Pittsburgh Obama Academy
Head Water Polo Coach, Carnegie Mellon University Women's Club Team
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://Rauterkus.blogspot.com
http://FixPA.wikia.com
http://CLOH.wikia.com