[412-public-news] Helping city kids set swim records, play well with others in the pool and a social -- and planning for summer. Join us

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 22:13:06 EDT 2017

Hi Friends from Pittsburgh and Beyond!

Our record-breaking high school swim season finished with a new WPIAL mark
in the 100-yard backstroke from Pittsburgh Public School student and Obama
Academy junior, Sead Niksic,

Inspiring!

http://Swim.CLOH.org/races

Next week I'm helping to host a pool gathering at the South Side's Oliver
Bath House with some special guests in town. Your participation is desired.
We'll follow the session at the swim pool with a post-game social at our
home / office, We're calling you to play a great game, SKWIM, for a great
cause, DROWNING PREVENTION, and then join us at a social. Join us and help
make these events a success.

Cries of "HELP!" need to be avoided at and around the city's swim pools,
rivers and beaches as accidental drownings are one of the leading causes of
death, sadly, especially with younger boys who do not know how to swim.
This call for "HELP!" comes from a Pittsburgh swim coach and aquatic
instructor, me. We're hosting a two-part gathering on the South Side on
Wednesday, April 12, 2017. Your attendance is greatly desired.

You, your spouse, neighbors, all coaches of any sport, swimmers,
lifeguards, Physical Ed teachers, and all community members are invited to
join in a seminar and demonstration as well as post-game social to be held
in Pittsburgh's South Side starting at 6:30 pm on Wednesday, April 12,
2017, at the historic, Citiparks' Oliver Bath House.

Out of town guest include aquatic experts with the National Drowning
Prevention Alliance (NDPA.org) and Kevin McCarthy of Washington state,
inventor of the aquatic game, SKWIM.

Bring your swim suit and towel as we will put our Pittsburgh friends into
SKWIM games with opponents from around the nation. Citiparks' Oliver Bath
House is devoting the night to this SKWIM clinic and games.

SKWIM is sorta like water polo, but played with a water disk, and much
easier. The Bath House will have a regulation lagoon in the pool. You even
get to wear fins and stand on the bottom at one end. We'll learn about this
terrific game, talk swimming, and find out what you might want to do to
help get our community swimming, more fit and safer in the water. We need
to better utilize our facilities too.

After our time at the Oliver Bath House, all are invited to walk to a post
game social starting at 9 pm at our home / office at 108 S. 12th Street,
South Side, Pgh 15203. The social goes from 9 to 11 pm.

Gratis Tickets / RSVP at link from http://Swim.CLOH.org.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/skwim-clinic-and-open-house-with-kevin-mccarthy-at-citiparks-oliver-bath-house-clohorg-tickets-32832648335

Lastly, we're gearing up for summer in terms of swimming, plus staff
development / hiring, and the larger mission with the city's Learn & Earn
Job Program that puts more than 1,500 youth ages 14 to 21 into summer jobs
/ internships. Learn more at our event too. To work for our Swim & Water
Polo staff, see the link at http://CLOH.org and apply.

Thanks for the interest and consideration.

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Recruiter for BGC's College & Career Readiness Program plus Learn & Earn
Program
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim & Water Polo Camp Executive Coach
Varsity Boys Swim Coach, Pittsburgh Obama Academy
Recent Head Water Polo Coach, Carnegie Mellon University Women's Club Team
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://CLOH.org

412 298 3432 <(412)%20298-3432> = cell