[412-public-news] Outdoor hockey tomorrow - inside your brain hockey today - in the pool next week

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:43:43 EST 2017

Hi All,

Pittsburgh hosts an outdoor hockey game this weekend, and I'm excited to
turn you onto an enriching educational experience from the NHL and Penguins
for youngsters that blends science and math with sports and technology.

You have to check out this Hockey Scholars online course from a firm,
Everfi.

The educational games are authentic to the sport, and it hits close to home
since the NHL's stadium series built a rink, with associated markings,
angles, etc. at Heinz Field. Give it a whirl. I'm pleased enough to
recommend it to you. If you have any youngsters, especially those in the
middle grades, this makes a nice out-of-school-time learning challenge with
a computer.

More insights:
http://play.cloh.org/2017/01/31/nhl-nhlpa-gets-into-stem-with-goals-program/

Our passcode: 36ce56eb
Create an EverFi account the first time by going to
http://www.everfi.com/login and click Register. Then enter 36ce56eb and
click Next.

If you already have an account at Everfi, login to the account and enter
d79ea057 in the top right corner.

More details and those instructions are on the attached, 2-page PDF.

= = Other quick news bites:= =

+ Good luck to the varsity swimmers headed to WPIALs and State
Championships, starting next week for those in PA.

++ Our star city swimmer, defending WPIAL Champion in the fly, Sead, 11th
grade, enters this year's meet as the #1 seed in the backstroke.

+++ The Saturday Swim School resumes in March. We're seeking more
participation at 11:30 am for middle school kids and their mentors /
guardians.

++++ We're hiring and training coaches, captains, lifeguards and swim
instructors for our staff for this summer. Apply.

+++++ My spring after-school swim and water polo schedule includes Mondays
at Westinghouse, Tuesdays & Thursdays at Obama, Wednesdays at Allegheny,
Fridays at Arsenal and Saturdays at Oliver High School.

++++++ Families in Pittsburgh interested in putting their students into PPS
Summer Dreamers should approach their school PRINCIPALS now. The sign-up
process is changing. We'll be offering Swim & Water Polo for 3rd and 4th
graders at U-Prep (Hill District) and King (Northside).

++++++ We're starting a Hybrid SUMMER team with The Pittsburgh Project too.
Swim, Water Polo, SKWIM, Triathlon too. More on that soon.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim & Water Polo Camp Executive Coach
Varsity Boys Swim Coach, Pittsburgh Obama Academy
Recent Head Water Polo Coach, Carnegie Mellon University Women's Club Team
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://CLOH.org

412 298 3432 <(412)%20298-3432> = cell