[412-public-news] News from Coach Mark Rauterkus -- Pittsburgh families & more

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Wed May 10 23:03:12 EDT 2017

Hi Friends in Pittsburgh and Beyond:

#1.
Families in Pittsburgh who are interested in the Pittsburgh Public Schools'
Summer Dreamers need to SIGN UP NOW.

I'll be leading the ever popular Swim & Water Polo Camp for 80+ students,
grades 3, 4, 5 and 6, in the afternoons at the MKL school (swimming at
Allegheny) and at U-Prep. We will NOT be at Carmalt this year.

Go figure. But, go online if interested, as that is the only way to get
into the program, regardless of your kids' choice of afternoon activities.
See you school guidance and office people for details on how to get logged
into your account to register.
http://www.pps.k12.pa.us/summerdreamers

#2.
Families are reminded to apply for the city jobs program for both city and
county kids, ages 14 to 21. Apply at http://Jobs4Summer.org. These
part-time jobs (25 hours per week) for six weeks are for youngsters in
households that qualify. Best source for help in the application process,
and it isn't easy, is at the Eastside Neighborhood Employment Center,
hhttp://www.enecpittsburgh.org/ Deadline, May 20!

Some juniors and seniors in high school, are invited to take a college
class at Carlow with a scholarship and pay-check this summer. They expanded
the program due to wonderful results in 2016, but the supply of interested
students is lighter than expected. Likewise, call to the ENEC to inquire.
Deadline ASAP.

The good people at The Pittsburgh Project, http://pittsburghproject.org/ on
the Northside are again allowing me the opportunity to lead morning SKWIM
and Water Polo activities for 140+ youngsters this summer. Plus, we'll be
able to establish a hybrid swim team with competitive swimming and game
play too. We're just starting to look for additional kids, ages 7 to 17,
plus adults who want to assist and get in some fitness themselves as well.

Sign up: http://play.cloh.org/rsvp/
Want to work: http://cloh.org/wp/archives/873

Our spring activities at the pools are on the Google calendar at CLOH.org.

Let's Go Pens!
Kids and parents should check out this online course.
http://play.cloh.org/2017/05/10/nhl-nhlpa-gets-into-stem-with-goals-program/

Going to the beach this summer? Let's be safe. Might want to sit with your
kids and take these four 25-question tests as part of the SKWIM
certification process we're going to reveal this summer.
http://play.cloh.org/2017/04/08/quiz/

We are looking to Open Water Swim at Moraine State Park and get car-pools
every MONDAY NIGHT. Depart Pittsburgh about 4 pm and swim from 5 to 7 pm.
See the calendar.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
PPS Summer Dreamers' Swim & Water Polo Camp Executive Coach
Varsity Boys Swim Coach, Pittsburgh Obama Academy
Recent Head Water Polo Coach, Carnegie Mellon University Women's Club Team
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://CLOH.org

412 298 3432 = cell