[412-public-news] No time to be bashful about water safety -- from far and wide -- new aquatic quiz site open

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 18:01:15 EDT 2018

Hi All,

Yesterday's news reports claimed that more than 25-million in the eastern
US were under flood warnings. Meanwhile, the Pacific Ocean sent a typhoon
crashing into the Philippians, Hong Kong and China -- and who knows how
many were getting smashed and tossed into water problems there?

Water safety is a big deal worry of mine.

Yesterday, I opened a new educational site, https://SKWIM.us, with a
simple, online quiz approach to help teach about our aquatic settings and
water safety.

Can you give it a whirl?

https://skwim.us

Take a quick quiz and test your aquatic knowledge. And spread the word.

SKWIM is a water game we play to get people stronger and more fit in the
water. It also allows us an avenue to talk about water safety as well
provide swimming instruction.

Be smart around water, know what to do, but also be prepared to swim for
100-yards and stay above water for a minute -- as that's our minimal aim
with Level 1 in SKWIM.

In the Pittsburgh region, we're making new, fun, water safety, programs
with SKWIM and game play. Moon, South Park, Chartiers Valley, Mt. Lebanon
and three Pittsburgh Northside locations are program sites.

Venues include:
Moon Area High School (Some 2-4 pm SUNDAY Community SKWIM)
South Park High School (7:30 pm practices on Mondays and Thursdays),
PPS Allegheny Middle School (afterschool and 5 pm practices on Tuesdays)
Chartiers Valley High School (7:30 pm practices on Tuesdays -- soon),
PPS Perry High School (afterschool and Thursday evenings),
PPS Westinghouse (afterschool on Fridays -- soon),
PPS Oliver High School (Saturday Swim School -- soon).

Thanks for your consideration and interest.

Hope to see you online soon.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3)
The Pittsburgh Project - swim coach and head lifeguard
Middle School Swim Coach at The Ellis School
Former Varsity Boys Swim Coach, Pittsburgh Obama Academy
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team

http://CLOH.org <http://cloh.org/>

412 298 3432 = cell