[412-public-news] Come play SKWIM at 1 pm this Saturday, June 20, 2019, on Pittsburgh's Northside

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 19:56:28 EDT 2019

Hi All,

A special friend is coming to town for a short visit, and we're going to be
hosting a special event -- a SKWIM game with the inventor of SKWIM, Kevin
McCarthy, from the state of Washington.

Get your friends and family and join us at 1 pm at outdoor pool at The
Pittsburgh Project, 2801 North Charles Street, (corner of Wilson), on
Saturday, June 22, 2019.

All ages and abilities welcome. Pay $3 at the gate to enter or free with
your city pool tag.

This summer we got a mini-grant from Pittsburgh Play Collaborative to
spread the aquatic game throughout the region -- and champion water safety
as well as the concepts of playing well with others, sportsmanship,
teamwork and plain-old fun!

Plus, this summer, we're happy to report that the pool at The Pittsburgh
Project is open again -- unlike in 2018 when serious plumbing upgrades
became necessary. A wonderful staff has gathered too.

If you can't make it on Saturday, we also gather to play water polo and
SKWIM every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 6 to 7:45 pm, weather
permitting, at Citiparks Ammon Pool on Bedford Ave in the Hill District.

More updates throughout the summer with our google calendar at
https://4Rs.org.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3)
The Pittsburgh Project - swim coach and head lifeguard
Coach at The Ellis School for Swimming, T&F and Triathlon
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team & Renegades (Masters)

https://4Rs.org
https://SKWIM.us

412 298 3432 = cell