[412-public-news] Shortage, not of taxes, but of human capital -- but we're doing something about it. Getting to work and staying wet.

Mark Rauterkus Mark at rauterkus.com
Thu Nov 7 13:18:18 EST 2019

Hi Friends,

Pittsburgh voters gave themselves a tax increase for a dedicated fund
expected to generate $10-million per year at its outset to boost city
parks. I love Citiparks and spend many hours in our shared spaces
throughout the region. I strive to champion a core ideal of "playing well
with others" -- and, in my heart -- I feel that having fun with kids and
adults isn't such an expensive ordeal. The exception: burning human energy,
enthusiasm, enrichment and seeking engagements!

You're help is welcomed as we launch a LIFEGUARD RECRUITMENT INITIATIVE
with a 9 am meeting on November 13, 2019, at Rev Grayson's Rec Center, 1852
Enoch Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. Pass the word. https://Guard.4Rs.org.

Come to our Saturday Swim School at PPS Allegheny, just across the street
from the National Aviary. Get in shape, so you can be a future lifeguard!
https://4Rs.org.

>From 2-4 pm on Sunday afternoons, (Nov 10, 17, 24),  join us for some fun
swimming with SKWIM games at Moon's HS pool. $5-drop in fee.

More insight gems within the 1-page, attached PDF.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3)
The Pittsburgh Project - swim coach and head lifeguard
Coach at The Ellis School for Swimming, T&F and Triathlon
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team & Renegades (Masters)
Coach of the Duquesne University Club Swim Team

http://CLOH.org <http://cloh.org/>

412 298 3432 = cell