[412-public-news] This Saturday & Sunday, come to Citiparks Highland Park Pool to watch water polo and play SKWIM

Mark Rauterkus Mark at rauterkus.com
Wed Sep 4 14:51:50 EDT 2019

Hi All,

Happy to announce that our cooperative with Citiparks has taken a new, bold
step forward as they've kept the water in Highland Park Pool for this
weekend, and we want you to come out and be a part of the action.

On Saturday and Sunday, Sept 7 & 8, 2019, there will be men's NCAA water
polo games in the deep end with college squads from Washington & Jefferson
(host); Ganon Univ, Mercyhurst Univ, Penn State Behrend and Michigan State
-- as well as our Pittsburgh masters team, the Renegades. Bring a lawn
chair, cheer, watch the games.

Plus, bring your swim suit too because in the shallow end we're going to
have SKWIM games and rookie classes all about SKWIM. Bring your family,
friends and swimming teams for fun, fitness and opportunities to stress
sportsmanship and playing well with others. SKWIM is a disk-based game,
without contact, that engages players from all ages.

This is a great opportunity to witness high-level water polo and get a good
introduction to SKWIM at the same time.

Shallow end community SKWIM play happens on Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm and
on Sunday from 10:30 am to 3 pm -- as demand and games allow. The game
schedule for the water polo is posted at https://4Rs.org.

Calling coaches, lifeguards, varsity teams of any sport, work groups, and
others are -- all at no charge, but with a sign-in needed before the SKWIM
play.

PS: Did you see the coverage in The Pittsburgh Magazine, September 2019,
page 23, about Underwater Hockey?
https://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Pittsburgh-Magazine/September-2019/Find-Out-How-to-Play-Hockey-at-the-Bottom-of-a-Pool/

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3)
The Pittsburgh Project - swim coach and head lifeguard
Coach at The Ellis School for Swimming, T&F and Triathlon
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team & Renegades (Masters)
https://4Rs.org

412 298 3432 = cell