[412-public-news] Last summer I went to the other side. Next, I'm coming back and with gusto to all sides!

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 14:32:52 EDT 2023

Hi Swim Friends and Concerned Fellow Citizens:

Yes, I flipped to the other side. But there is a happy reunion being
planned. Time to, with your help, TRIPLE Down -- and come back on ALL
SIDES.

Here is the story: Last summer I worked and coached swimming at a suburban
country club -- departing from my inter-city roots. I'm getting older and
the long hours in the sun were brutal -- but -- I had a great time and
they're having me back!

I've been pondering on how to make things different -- way better -- and
more pleasing for everyone's sake.

Tomorrow, April 15, I'm sharing some of these plans as I'm leading a
roundtable discussion with fellow high school swim coaches at Cumberland
Valley High School for the annual PA HS Coaches Clinic. It starts at 8 am.
The banquet is at 5 pm.

If you are going -- great. See you there. If not, I'll share my
presentation next week.

But wait... we can meet in Pittsburgh as I'm calling for two gatherings on
Thursday, April 27, 2023.

10 AM to noon at UPMC's Community Engagement Center, 6401 Penn Ave, #300,
Pittsburgh, 15206.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/huddle-about-swimming-aquatics-and-learn-of-the-i-league-and-skwim-tickets-617845481467

This facility is in the shopping center next to Bakery Square and within
walking distance of the back of The Ellis School. A McDonalds and Trader
Joes are to the east end of the parking lot.

&

2 pm to 4 pm at Montour Heights Country Club (clubhouse) 1491 Coraopolis
Heights Road, Coraopolis, PA, 15108.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/huddle-about-swimming-aquatics-and-learn-of-the-i-league-and-skwim-tickets-617853344987

We'll huddle to talk about lifeguard recruitment, swimming opportunities
and wellness efforts for our kids, locally and throughout the region.

My friend from the state of Washington, Kevin, inventor of the SKWIM game
and with a number of other aquatic patents (Agility hand paddles, Life
Rescue Tube) will be attending.

Bring your questions, energy and calendars.

One of our goals is to create a new summertime experiences at different
pools, especially with our country club swim league -- into July, August
and perhaps September too.

So, one meeting is in the morning at 10 am in Pittsburgh's east end. The
other is at 2 pm at Montour Heights Country Club near the airport. Keven
departs that evening.

More about the PA clinic tomorrow at the ISCA blog:
https://blog.swimisca.org/pa-coaches-clinic-comes-april-15-in-central-pennsylvania/

Also, learn about another clinic in Chicago, May 19, 20, 21. I'll be going
there too. https://blog.swimisca.org/central-states-swim-clinic-41st-annual/

Recap Links: Sign up for the AM
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/huddle-about-swimming-aquatics-and-learn-of-the-i-league-and-skwim-tickets-617845481467>or
PM
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/huddle-about-swimming-aquatics-and-learn-of-the-i-league-and-skwim-tickets-617853344987>events
on Thursday, April 27.
Click and attend if you can.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Webmaster, International Swim Coaches Association, SwimISCA.org
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3), SKWIM.us
Coach at The Ellis School for Varsity & Middle School Swimming
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team & Renegades (Masters)
Sports Complex Director & Coach at Montour Heights Country Club
Trib-Live HS Sports Network broadcaster for WPIAL Swimming Chamionships

412 298 3432 = cell

New course: Mental Skills for Young Athletes
<https://Read.SwimISCA.org/why/mental-skills-for-young-athletes>