[Clipmate-announce] ClipMate November Newsletter

Chris Thornton chris at thornsoft.com
Fri Nov 17 14:58:35 EST 2006

November 2006
Welcome to our November Newsletter, featuring news about the latest
ClipMate 7 update, and a ClipMate usage tip.

HTML Version - This newsletter is posted at our website in HTML
format at: http://www.thornsoft.com/newsletter/newsletter_nov06.htm
And as an RSS feed: http://www.thornsoft.com/rssnewsletter.xml

Newsletter Contents:
ClipMate 7.1 - Available Now!
License Expansion - Need to add more seats?
ClipMate - Holiday Special
Alert - Upgrading to Internet Explorer 7 Causes "entry point not found" error
Alert - CA Antispyware causing "This program has been damaged..." error.
ClipMate Tip - Drag 'n' Drop
Translations - Updated for 7.1, including Polish, Italian, Korean.
Updating

CLIPMATE 7.1 - READY NOW!
The latest release is version 7.1.06. ClipMate 7 users can download it
by running the update check, or from this link:
http://www.thornsoft.com/dist/ClipMate.exe
This is a free update for registered users of ClipMate 7.0 or 7.1. If
you are still running version 6, you can still take advantage of the
$19.95 single-user upgrade pricing by following this link:
http://www.thornsoft.com/ClipMate7_Upgrade_Offer.htm
Version 5 users can also get a price break when upgrading by following
this link: http://www.thornsoft.com/email4527.htm

LICENSE EXPANSION
While ClipMate's single-user license allows you to run the same
license on up to two computers, sometimes your needs grow. Our
"Household Pack" allows home users to run ClipMate on up to 5
computers. We also have multi-user discounts for workgroups and
businesses of any size. Sometimes the pricing gets tricky when you are
expanding or upgrading multi-user licenses, so send us an e-mail:
sales at thornsoft.com and Brenda can prepare a custom quote for
upgrading your license, taking into account what you've already
purchased.

CLIPMATE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
Back by popular demand is our "Give the Gift of ClipMate" this holiday
season! If you are a registered user of ClipMate, we invite you to
give a gift copy to a friend... at a very special price of $19.95
(that's $15 off)! You can add a CD for $9.95 (includes shipping). If
you don't need a CD (or don't have time because you waited too long),
we'll be sending out e-mail confirmations right up until Christmas Eve
for on-time email delivery! Our online ordering system can even let
you include a personal message with your gift, whether it's sent by
email or snail mail.

* These offers are available only to registered users of ClipMate,
and can be accessed only through the following link:
http://www.digibuy.com/cgi-bin/order.html?clipmate+97550178139

* Due to the custom nature of each gift order, our system can
accommodate only one gift order from you at a time. So if you wish
to order a gift for more than one person, you will need to place
a separate order for each gift copy.

* Postal deliveries during the holiday crunch can be a bit slow, so
order by Dec 9 if you want your shipped package to arrive in time
(please allow longer for overseas deliveries).

* Please note that this offer is limited only to registered users of
ClipMate, and will end on 12/24/2006. In the event that you would
prefer to order by phone, we invite you to call us toll-free (USA) at
877-254-7628 or 585-352-4223 from 9am - 6pm EST weekdays.

ALERT - UPGRADING TO INTERNET EXPLORER 7 CAUSES "ENTRY POINT NOT
FOUND" ERROR
If you upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 and ClipMate suddenly has
problems starting or gives an error similar to above, you may need to
delete an obsolete DLL from the ClipMate program directory. Click
below to visit our forum and see the instructions for fixing this
problem which will mainly affect ClipMate 6, but can also affect
ClipMate 7 if you had migrated from version 6 to 7, or had upgraded
the computer to Windows XP after having already installed ClipMate 7.
http://www.thornsoft.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2824

ALERT - CA ANTISPYWARE CAUSING "THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN DAMAGED..." ERROR.
Several users have run into trouble when upgrading their CA
AntiSpyware. It is triggering anti-cracking defenses within ClipMate,
and many other programs protected with "armadillo" by Silicon Realms
Toolworks. If you receive this error: "This program has been damaged,
possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please
reinstall it.", then you should disable the CA AntiSpyware, and
contact CA for further assistance. They're supposedly working on a
fix. See this post for more information.
http://www.thornsoft.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2820

CLIPMATE TIP - DRAG AND DROP
While ClipMate's primary method of interacting with other programs is
through the clipboard, ClipMate can also work with Drag 'n' Drop. In
most cases, pasting is just as effective as drag 'n' drop, but there
are some situations where drag 'n' drop has the upper hand.

You can drag a clip from the ClipList and drop it into any program
that uses OLE drag 'n' drop for TEXT, Rich Text Format, or Bitmap
data. Some popular examples are Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet
Explorer, FireFox, TextPad, Outlook, Outlook Express, and Paint Shop
Pro. Just use the left mouse button to drag clips from the ClipList,
and drop on the target. Note that this is not always limited to one
clip! You can often drag/drop multiple clips. For example, you can
drag a dozen clips into Excel. You can drag/drop a dozen Rich Text
Format clips into Microsoft Word, and they'll even retain their RTF
formatting. As each program implements drag 'n' drop a little
differently (and some not at all), your experience may vary from
program to program.

You can also Drag 'n' Drop directly from the editor, into another
program (again, that program must support OLE-style drag 'n' drop of
text items). This is handy if you just want to insert PART of a clip
into a program. To use, set the "external drag 'n' drop" button on the
editor toolbar. Now you can select some text and drag 'n' drop it
right into another program. See more information in the online help.
http://www.thornsoft.com/HTML_help/7/ui_exptab_txt_drag_n_drop.htm

TRANSLATIONS
We have two multilanguage distributions, one for European (French,
Czech, Polish, Italian, Dutch, German, Russian, Turkish) and one for
Asian languages (Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Korean).
They can be downloaded here:
http://www.thornsoft.com/dist/ClipMate_MultiAsian.exe
http://www.thornsoft.com/dist/ClipMate_MultiEurope.exe
You can find information on translations on our site:
http://www.thornsoft.com/lang.htm

UPDATING
The current ClipMate 7 release is 7.1.06. If you are running a prior version of ClipMate7, you can update with this link: http://www.thornsoft.com/dist/ClipMate.exe
Just install over the top of your existing ClipMate 7 installation.
ClipMate 6 users: If you'd like to upgrade to version 7, the upgrade price is $19.95 for a single-user license. Write to sales at thornsoft.com for quotes on multi-user upgrades.
ClipMate 5 users wishing to upgrade to ClipMate 7 can get a price break when upgrading by following this link: http://www.thornsoft.com/email4527.htm
The current version of Darn! Passwords! is v3.1.03.

That's it for now! As always, please feel free to contact us with any
questions.
If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, just let us know.

Chris Thornton, President
Thornsoft Development, Inc.
P.O. Box 164, Spencerport NY, 14559 USA
(585) 352-4223
http://www.thornsoft.com

Note: Replies should be directed to support at thornsoft.com or
sales at thornsoft.com Replies sent directly to the list server will be
lost. To change your subscription information, visit
http://www.thornsoft.com/listserv.htm