[Clipmate-announce] ClipMate Summer Newsletter - June 2008

Chris Thornton chris at thornsoft.com
Mon Jun 16 16:03:05 EDT 2008

Welcome to our Summer Newsletter, featuring news about the ClipMate 7.3 update,
a special offer, and a ClipMate usage tip.

HTML Version - This newsletter is posted at our website in HTML
format at: http://www.thornsoft.com/newsletter.htm?issue=2008_0612
And as an RSS feed: http://www.thornsoft.com/rssnewsletter.xml

Newsletter Contents:
* ClipMate 7.3.10 Update
* Updating / Upgrading - Includes special offer for ClipMate 5 & 6 users.
* ClipMate Reviewed by ZDNet's Ed Bott
* ClipMate Summer Special - Long Weekends!
* ClipMate Tip - Best New Features

ClipMate 7.3
The current release for XP/Vista/2000 7.3.10, (However, Windows98 users
should stick with 7.2). There are lots of little fixes and improvements
since our last newsletter. Read more about some of the neat features in
the "Tips" section below.

Updating
- The current ClipMate 7 release is 7.3.10. If you are running a prior
version of ClipMate7, you can update with these links:
Latest Desktop Installer: http://www.thornsoft.com/dist/ClipMate.exe
Latest U3 Installer: http://www.thornsoft.com/dist/ClipMate7_U3EXE.exe
Latest PortableApps Installer: http://www.thornsoft.com/dist/ClipMate7_PAF.exe
Just install over the top of your existing ClipMate 7 installation.
- ClipMate 6 users: If you'd like to upgrade to version 7, the upgrade
price is $19.95 for a single-user license using this link:
http://www.thornsoft.com/ClipMate7_Upgrade_Offer.htm
Write to sales at thornsoft.com for quotes on multi-user upgrades.
- ClipMate 5 users wishing to upgrade to ClipMate 7 can get a price break
when upgrading by following this link: http://www.thornsoft.com/email4527.htm

CLIPMATE REVIEWED BY ZDNET'S ED BOTT
ClipMate was recently featured in Ed Bott's "My 10 Favorite Windows
Programs of All Time", with the comment: "I figure it’s paid for itself many,
many times over". You can read the full review and check out the other
9 goodies as well:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=385&page=5

SPECIAL OFFER – LONG WEEKENDS
Everybody loves long weekends in the summer. And nothing helps get the
work done sooner than having ClipMate running at work. What's that you
say? ClipMate isn't part of your standard corporate PC software suite?
Well it should be! While we wait for THAT to happen, understand that
our single-user license allows you to run ClipMate on up to two
computers. So you can run it at home and at work, using the same
registration key. If your work PC is "locked down", you may be able to
use the "Portable" version on a USB stick. But please don't violate
any rules - if your workplace insists on "company software only", you
may indeed need a separate license (but not because WE say so). The
best option, of course, is for your whole department or company to get
ClipMate and be more productive. You're going to need it, to compete
in the new "Global Economy". So when your boss asks for ideas on how
to keep things moving forward during the summer despite vacations and
long weekends, tell him or her to get ClipMate for everyone! As a
newsletter subscriber, you can get a 10% discount on a workgroup
license for ClipMate. From now until September 1, site license orders
for 10 or more users will receive an additional 10% off! You must use
this link to qualify for the discount:
http://www.thornsoft.com/buynow.php?code=SUMMER2008 This link will
default to 10 copies, but you can update the quantity if you are
ordering more than 10 licenses. The more you order, the more you save,
as the 10% discount is IN ADDITION to our normal quantity discount
pricing.

CLIPMATE TIP - LOTS OF LITTLE "GEMS"
There have been dozens of fixes and enhancements since 7.3 came out last fall.
Here are some of our favorites:

- "Classic toolbar needs up/down scroll buttons like v6 had". Yes, they're
back. ClipMate Classic now has a scroll up/down button set.
Right-click on the Classic toolbar and you can add it.

- "Improve MouseWheel Scrolling In ClipList". One user in the forums was
lamenting that he liked the mousewheel scrolling in version 5 better
than 7. We took a look, and hey - we liked it too! As you scroll
through the cliplist with the mousewheel, each new clip is selected in
turn, letting you quickly view those clips as they scroll by. To get
the old behavior, hold SHIFT to let it scroll the list without moving
the selection.

- "QuickPaste / Templates / Macros - need a way to send special character
like @". Ever since we introduced the Macro feature, people have wanted
to use the @ symbol. Unfortunately, the "sendkeys" library treated @
as a reserved word. Well, we found a better library, and you you CAN
use the @ in macro clips by enclosing in curly braces. Here's an
example of an email address/password combination:
me{@}mydomain.com#PAUSE#{TAB}MyPassword{ENTER} To read more about
"macro" clips, see:
http://www.thornsoft.com/HTML_help/7/index.htm?ue_macro_pasting.htm

- "Manual Capture should allow for apps excluded from application
profile". What? Sounds crazy. But it makes sense, if you're in a
situation where you USUALLY want ClipMate to ignore data from a
particular program. In that case, as always, turn it off in the
Application Profile (leave the individual formats ON, but turn the
checkmark next to the application name OFF). Now ClipMate will ignore
new data from that app - until you press the "manual capture" hotkey
(Win+C), and then ClipMate WILL capture just that one item.

That's it for now! As always, please feel free to contact us with any
questions. If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, just let
us know.

Chris Thornton, President
Thornsoft Development, Inc.
P.O. Box 164, Spencerport NY, 14559 USA
(585) 352-4223
http://www.thornsoft.com

Note: Replies should be directed to support at thornsoft.com or
sales at thornsoft.com Replies sent directly to the list server will be
lost. To change your subscription information, visit
http://www.thornsoft.com/listserv.htm