[CLOH-News] Lots going on in the sports world -

Mark Rauterkus mark.rauterkus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 11:25:48 EDT 2022

Hi,

Swimming meets are starting in earnest -- but this post is about some of
the other current events in sports and gives you one HUGE suggestion for
the weekend, a free must watch film.

Amazon Prime Video and Apple TV+ are streaming more sports, and the sky
didn’t fall. Most viewers adjusted. The NBA season and NHL is starting, but
the next billion-dollar media rights deal looms large for basketball among
ESPN, TNT vs Amazon and Apple

Lots of baseball today, Saturday, as the teams strive for the World Series.

Lots of college and pro football too.

But here is my #1 tip: Check out the new film,

Warning: It is heavy and super-charged with an ocean of culture's hot
buttons.

Dave Zirin is a thinker and communicator about sports, politics, society
an history. His latest video is out for free viewing now, for a limited
time.

https://go.mediaed.org/behind-the-shield

Watch. And, get back to me. We can draw connections to coaching, swimming,
and aquatics later.

--
Ta.

Mark Rauterkus       Mark at Rauterkus.com
Webmaster, International Swim Coaches Association, SwimISCA.org
Executive Director of SKWIM USA, a 501(c)(3), SKWIM.us
The Pittsburgh Project - swim coach and head lifeguard
Coach at The Ellis School for Swimming, T&F and Triathlon
Pittsburgh Combined Water Polo Team & Renegades (Masters)

CLOH.org <https://cloh.org/> & Rauterkus.com & 4Rs.org

412 298 3432 = cell