[DesignII] General Thermodynamic Methods - Correlation

alex.grigorijevic at symex.com.au alex.grigorijevic at symex.com.au
Thu Oct 31 16:06:46 EST 2002

Hi,

Aiming at improving my simulation of flash stages / distillation of
multi-component fatty acids, I have been working with an external Chemical
Engineering consultant who is an expert on Distillation etc..

In earlier versions of my model I was using the default setting for
Equilibrium Kvalues ("API Soave"). This was changed to "Vapor Pressure" by
the request of your support department. It slightly improved the model.

Recently, working with the consultant, we tried a few models and found the
best match to be "Uniquac". He also mentioned that it would be of benefit
to try the "SRK" method, however Design II as far as I can see does not
provide this method.
Can the "SRK" method be added in the next version of the software?
Would it be an improvement on the "Uniquac" method?
Is in fact the "Uniquac" method appropriate? - Given the fact that the
simulation best follows the actual plant temperature data when its used.

I hope you can guide me on this.

Perhaps if this message were broadcast over the user group - someone may
assist?
Symex Holdings Ltd  www.symex.com.au  -We produce Oleochemicals, our
primary process  function is Triglyceride hydrolysis, fatty acid
distillation, saturated/unsaturated fatty acid separation, and fatty acid
hydrogenation.

Regards,
Alex Grigorijevic
Manufacturing Engineer
Ext 366
Ph  +613 9251 2366
Fax +613 9645 3001

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for
the intended recipient only.  Access, disclosure, copying, distribution,
or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be
a criminal offence.  Please delete if obtained in error and
email confirmation to the sender.