[DesignII] Version 10.00 of DESIGN II for Windows

Lynn McGuire lmc at winsim.com
Fri Nov 14 11:51:13 EST 2008

This email is to notify you that version 10.00 of DESIGN II
for Windows is now available on our website at
www.winsim.com/download.html .

This is a release of DESIGN II for Windows. This new
release has the following changes:
1. All stream and equipment modules cascaded property dialogs
have been converted to tabbed property dialogs
2. The line arrows have now been incorporated into the stream
lines on the flowsheet
3. Added the new GERG 2004 Equation of State from the
European Gas Research Group
4. Added a new Packed Absorber unit module symbol with data
entry dialogs
5. The Batch Distillation unit module keywords are now fully
implemented in its property dialogs
6. Added two more shell and tube heat exchanger symbols
7. Added a new double pipe heat exchanger symbol
8. Added the Motor Octane Number (MON) and Methane Number
(MEN) calculations for a stream or all streams
9. Added 212 new pure components to the pure component database
10. Added support for the NIST REFPROP DLL
11. You can now input the number of points desired to be
displayed in the Q-T table for all heat exchangers
12. Miscellaneous small enhancements and fixes (see release
notes http://www.winsim.com/media/relnotes.chm )

If you are on MSS or a Program Usage Agreement, then please
download the new version. The new CDs should start going
out in a couple of days.

Please note that we have a web-based tutorial for DESIGN II
for Windows at http://www.winsim.com/tutorial/index.htm .

Please note that the Password algorithm was changed for the
10.00 release. Your new password should have been emailed
to the contact person for your account. If you need a new
password, please contact support at winsim.com with your serial
number for your new password if you are on MSS or a Usage
agreement.

You may testdrive the new release by downloading it (70 MB)
from our website and installing it. Run DESIGN II for
Windows and a dialog will come up with your Computer ID and
ask you for a Serial Number and Password. You can get a
Serial Number and Password emailed to you from
www.winsim.com/gen2wkps.html on a 24 hour a day, 7 days a
week basis.

Our next free half day training class will be on Friday,
December 5, 2008 at our office here in Sugar Land, Texas.
There are still a couple of seats open. Please contact
admin at winsim.com for more details.

We very much appreciate the testimonials that several
customers have sent us at http://www.winsim.com/testimonials.html .

Sincerely,
Lynn McGuire
President